An essential element of compliance with the Acop L8 & HSG274, is monitoring of your water system. This is often called the control scheme or written scheme of control.
Monitoring services we offer in line with the requirements of Acop L8 & HSG274 are:
- Monthly temperature monitoring
- Quarterly shower head/spray outlet de-scaling and disinfection
- *Quarterly shower head/hose replacement scheme
- Water sampling (if immediate risks are identified, or it is proven temperature control is not being maintained on a consistent basis)
- Inspection of water heaters & cold water tanks
We can build you a full & compliant control scheme, or implement these from your existing legionella risk assessment. We provide COSHH assessments for any chemicals used on site, method statements for all works carried out and we always use calibrated, K-Type thermometers, specifically designed for temperature monitoring tasks
We use a cloud based electronic log book (ELRM) which records all monitoring data in real time. Reports are emailed to the building/site/contract manager or responsible person immediately following completion of the visit. Our reports include full temperature results of tested assets, alerts of consistent temperature failures and photographic evidence of our findings, saving you and your staff time in having risks checked & verified.
Benefits of using ELRM electronic log book monitoring include:
- One person can monitor multiple sites.
- Ease of use.
- Username and password protected access to dashboard and app.
- App can be used without data signal.
- Log book available per building to upload any critical information relating to the site. Risk Assessments, analytical reports, RAMS, etc.
- Onsite the engineers can refer back to the previous site visit on the app, highlighting any recurring issues, resulting in a proactive approach to compliance.
- Photo capture per asset on the app to offer the client full visualisation of tests carried out if required.
- One off tests can be generated on the dashboard if ad-hoc testing is required.
- Client and engineer accountability with signature capture (date/time stamped).
- The app tells the engineer exactly where to go in the building and what test to carry out. If there is a change of engineers this will speed up the learning of new staff as it removes guess work of test location
*Quarterly shower head/hose replacement scheme
Traditionally, shower head and hoses have always been cleaned/de-scaled using the hand and bucket method. Even the most experienced of technicians cannot guarantee that every internal surface of the head/hose has had full chemical contact, and that the internal surfaces are intact. Features to this service are:
- Alternative to cleaning and descaling
- Quarterly full replacement
- Quarterly faceplate replacement only
- High end and budget disposable options
- Colour coded showers and hoses
- Antimicrobial additives
- Avoid unavailability and disruption to patients and residents
- Increase staff productivity
- Improve patient & resident safety
- ROI of <6 months
- Ensure compliance
- Legionella Risk Assessment10th September 2015 - 10:09 pm
- Monitoring Services10th September 2015 - 10:07 pm
- Water System Cleaning & Disinfection & Mechanical Plumbing Services10th September 2015 - 10:04 pm
- UKAS Accredited Sampling Services10th September 2015 - 9:56 pm
- Consultancy services10th September 2015 - 9:55 pm
- Heating System Cleaning & inhibitor Dosing9th September 2015 - 5:30 pm
Get in touch:
257 Alvechurch Rd,
Birmingham, B31 3PX
0121 608 3272