Point of use filtration devices, antimicrobial replacement showers and automatic flushing shower panel solutions.
Acquiesce Environmental Compliance Ltd is an authorised distributor of T-Safe point of use filtration devices, antimicrobial replacement showers and automatic flushing shower panel solutions in the United Kingdom.
What is point of use filtration?
Point of use (POU) filtration is a device that incorporates an integral filter with a maximal pore size of 0.2 μm applied at the outlet, which removes bacteria (such as legionella pneumophila, pseudomonas aeruginosa) from the water flow, therefore protecting the end user from exposure to harmful waterborne pathogens. Used in place of a traditional sanitary fitting (such as a shower) or attached to an existing sanitary fitting (such as a tap) the end user is essentially protected at the point of use. T-Safe® provides the most comprehensive range of POU filtration device solutions on the market and includes handheld shower filters, wall mounted shower filters, tap filters, in-line filters and kitchen spray filters.
When to use T-Safe® POU filtration?
The use of POU filtration is recommended by both Health and Safety Executive in HSG274 and by the Department of Health in HTM 04 01. The guidance states that POU filtration should be used primarily as a temporary measure until a permanent safe engineering solution is developed, although long-term or permanent use of such filters may be needed in some healthcare situations or where there is no other safe alternative. T-Safe® point of use filtration should be used;
- As an interim safeguard where control measures have been ineffective e.g. laboratory analysis results confirming the presence of harmful micro-organisms in the water system, loss of temperature control, loss of biocide application or secondary disinfection control.
- As a long-term safeguard where there is no effective alternative or where additional protection is required for vulnerable patients, residents or building users e.g. in augmented care areas or residential care homes.
- During periods of plumbing refurbishment and maintenance work.
- During engineering remedial works.
- Where high levels of disinfection of water systems may dislodge biofilms.
- Seasonally unoccupied buildings, that are not drained down or decommissioned.
- Where there is a confirmed or suspected infection from the water system.
- 1 µm sterilising grade hollow fibre membrane point of use filtration.
- Biomaster antimicrobial additives and smooth internal and external surfaces reduce risk of retrograde and cross contamination.
- Integral back-flow devices prevent seeding of the system upstream
- Filtration efficacy tested in accordance with ASTM 838-05
- Biomaster antimicrobial additive efficacy independently tested in accordance with ISO 22196.
- WRAS approved products-complaint with EU food and drinking water directive EC 1935/2004.
- Constant flow technology ensures consistent water flow performance over a wide range of water system pressures ensuring optimum end user experience and comfort
- Optional replacement filter cartridges for permanent or reusable POU devices
- Cost in use savings with long life cycle of up to 92 days, using less filters and reduced labour and management time.
- Water and energy savings providing ROI opportunity.
- No adopters or connectors required for shower filters.